1) We have wonderful friends who make us feel thankful to be alive and sharing this planet with them.
2) Our daughter Becky in Africa is feeling better, so maybe she doesn’t actually have dengue fever or some other horrible tropical disease (what I immediately assumed upon hearing that she had a fever and muscle pains). And our daughter Josie does not have a stress fracture on her leg—just shin splints! Yaay! And she’s going with me to see Becky soon.
3) Our daughter Lizzie has Janson in her life—a thoughtful, loving guy—and Janson may even have a job soon, thanks to some great folks who read about him in the paper and decided they wanted to go out of their way to help a Marine veteran!
4) Our son, Parker, is very happy at Bard College—and, even though he won’t be home for Thanksgiving, he gets to have turkey dinner with Janet and Jerry, our wonderful friends in New York.
5) I have three powerful and loving sisters (and a host of wonderful blood kin) and terrific, loving in-laws (how lucky is that?).
6) Tom can still, after 28 years (is that possible?), make me laugh so hard that I risk embarrassing him in public (but I never really do).
7) Obama is still in the White House.
8) Even though I’ve gained some pounds and need to get rid of them, I’ve managed to keep off most of my weight loss.
9) Our dog Tater loves to chase a laser around our floor—over and over again—without ever getting bored or tired.
10) Ultimate Ice Cream (in Asheville, NC), especially the Coffee Heath Bar (perhaps this last one should be avoided).