I’m writing this really as a reminder to myself. These are things I’ve come to learn, in this year of trying to keep this weight off me. I share them with our readers, in case it helps!
Ten Things to Help Me Keep Weight Off (or Lessons Learned the Hard Way):
1) Exercise every day, if only for 20-30 minutes.
2) Wear a rubber band on your wrist and snap it every time you feel like eating something you shouldn’t. If it actually hurts, it is having a physical effect on your brain—and changing the channel!
3) Try to eat dinner early—and brush your teeth right after eating.
4) Chew sugarless gum any time you get a hunger craving.
5) When you are feeling sorry for yourself and think you “deserve” that chocolate sundae or that bag of Cheetos, pamper yourself some other way. Take a nice, hot bath. Read a book. Listen to soothing music. Go to a movie (but skip the popcorn). Continue reading Women over 50: Ten Steps to Weight Maintenance